Dustin Poirier is set to return to the Octagon in a couple of months in the co-main event of UFC 299 and will face a fighter rising up the rankings in the lightweight division.
UFC CEO Dana White announced late Sunday night on social media that the Lafayette native will square off with Benoit Saint-Denis as well as a big contest lined up for UFC 300.
Poirier, currently ranked third in the latest lightweight rankings according to UFC, is looking to bounce back after a tough second-round knockout loss in August to Justin Gaethje in a “BMF” title fight at UFC 291.
Poirier’s opponent Saint-Denis is riding a five-fight win streak and is looking to continue that after beating Matt Frevola in the first-round after a stellar head kick at UFC 295.
Below is the updated card for UFC 299, which will take place in Miami, Florida on March 9th.
- Sean O’Malley vs. Marlon Vera – for bantamweight title
- Dustin Poirier vs. Benoit Saint-Denis
- Gilbert Burns vs. Jack Della Maddalena
- Song Yadong vs. Petr Yan
- Kevin Holland vs. Michael Page
- Maycee Barber vs. Katlyn Chookagian
- Jailton Almeida vs. Curtis Blaydes
- Asu Almabaev vs. CJ Vergara
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Mateusz Gamrot
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Kyler Phillips
- Lauren Murphy vs. Karine Silva